ALL PERSONS LIVING
IN THE PENRITH DISTRICT, NSW
In the year 1828, Penrith was not even marked on the maps of the colony. The district on which this book is based was known and referred to as THE DISTRICT OF EVAN, and was officially described as .........
One of the original districts of the Country of Cumberland, NSW bounded on the South side by the BRINGELLY district...on the East side by the SOUTH CREEK to the RICHMOND ROAD...thence by that road to the CHAIN OF PONDS at LARRA'S FARM...and by the RICHMOND COMMON LINE to MATTHEW'S FARM opposite the GROSE RIVER, and on the West side by the NEPEAN RIVER.
In the year 1848, Penrith was appearing on the maps of the colony as a village and was officially described then as.........
A village of
In 1848, the Penrith Police District was roughly the same size as the original district of Evan - it contained 4,120 people and had 728 houses.
EMU, now known as EMU PLAINS, and CASTLEREAGH, had been proclaimed as towns but beyond having a few Inns, had failed to develop. Penrith only really began to develop after the discovery of gold.
This book does not claim to be a complete record of all persons living in the district of Evan in 1828, but great care has been taken to make it as accurate as possible. Family History Researchers will find it very useful as a Time Mark as to whether a person was living in the Penrith district in 1828, or not.
If the book is further dissected by the reader into households and the people employed by them, a very interesting picture of life in the Penrith district in 1828 will emerge.
Please Note: - If ordering books
through our SECURE online facility,
the amount will be billed to your credit card in $USD NOT $AUD
from Pinewood Records & Promotions:
P.O. Box 408, Landsborough, QLD 4550. Australia.